VA: How to help with care packages for active service members

The Emmet County Veterans Affairs Department helps to coordinate care packages for service members in the U.S. military during the holidays. If you have someone serving or know of someone and can provide an address, the Emmet County VA office can assist in having a care package sent. Jim Alton, VA Director, notes: “It’s a very lonely time of the year for our troops and any and all correspondence is greatly appreciated! Even if you just have a name and the service he or she is in, we may be able to get an address.”

For those interested in contributing items to care packages for troops, find out what items are acceptable and what are not by visiting the VA page:

Call the Emmet County VA office if you have any questions: (231) 348-1780.  To deliver care package items, visit the office at 3434 M-119, Suite D, Harbor Springs.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Emmet County, Michigan
200 Division Street, Petoskey MI 49770
(231) 348-1700 | Contact Us