& COMMUNITY BUILDING
The Emmet County Fairgrounds is a multi-use park with a community building, equestrian center, grandstand, and barns – all available to rent. The community building is used for a variety of public and private events, including weddings and receptions, fundraisers, business meetings and seminars, flower and garden show, quilt show, gun shows, bridge and ping-pong tournaments, children’s events, music concerts, prom dances, tool trade shows, and two major annual antique festivals in July and August. The annual Emmet-Charlevoix County Fair is held the third week of August, taking over the entire fairgrounds.
We hope you’ll join us at one of these 2021 events at the fairgrounds:
• SEPTEMBER 19 ~ GOODBYE SUMMER CAR SHOW
Emmet County Parks and Recreation is hosting an end-of-summer car show at the Emmet County Fairgrounds on Sunday, September 19, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. A variety of makes and models will fill the fairgrounds for automobile enthusiasts to appreciate at this Goodbye Summer Car Show! Admission to the event is free for the general public. Entry fee is $10 per vehicle. There is no early sign-up period. Gates open at 9 a.m. the day of the event for vehicle registration. Trophies will be awarded to the Best of Show, Best Modern Car, and Best Classic Car around 12:30 p.m. with door prizes given out during the day. Food vendors will also be on site. For more information, please call the fairgrounds sales coordinator at (231) 348-5479 or email [email protected].
The Emmet County Community Building includes:
- Full restroom facilities and a commercial kitchen.
- A small sound system and stage are available at no extra charge.
- You are responsible for setting up and cleaning up after your event.
- Emmet County provides tables and chairs for seating up to 300. (Standing room capacity is 650.)
- Recycling is available on-site.
- You will need to bring your own linens, glassware, china, silver, etc. for outfitting your event. You may choose your own licensed caterer for your event.
Is there a deposit?
To secure an event date, a $300 security (per reservation) is required to reserve the date. Emmet County accepts cash, check, Visa and Mastercard. This security deposit is returned approximately three weeks after your event provided that the building is in the same condition as it was presented to you.
Alcoholic beverages is allowed at events. However, liquor liability coverage is required under your homeowner’s insurance policy.
If you are selling alcohol at your event, proof of State of Michigan licensing is required to be posted at the event.
No pets are allowed within the buildings. All pets outside must be on a leash.
- You are responsible for providing your own decorative lighting.
- If you would like to decorate the ceiling rafters (approx. 25 feet high), you must bring your own scaffolding.
- No tape allowed on the walls.
Food preparation guidelines
If you have questions about food preparation guidelines, contact the Health Department of Northwest Michigan at www.nwhealth.org or call (231) 347-6014.
How late can you stay?
All events must end by 1 a.m.
The Emmet County Parks Ordinance can be accessed by clicking here.