Dog License Price Schedule
After many requests from dog owners, we recently switched to a three-year license system. The licenses expire at the end of the month the rabies vaccination expires, instead of all licenses expiring at the end of the year. By doing this, we spread the renewals throughout the year rather than having everyone renewing in the same few months. This also requires only about a third of dog owners to renew each year.
The following rates apply:
- Three-year licenses can be purchased for $30.00 for sterile dogs or $60.00 for non-sterile dogs.
- Two-year licenses will be $20.00 for sterile dogs or $40.00 for non-sterile dogs.
- One-year licenses will be $10.00 for sterile dogs or $20.00 for non-sterile dogs.
* Owners need to present proof of rabies vaccination when purchasing a dog license.
Less than 10 dogs, $55, 10 to 20 dogs $75
* Kennel owners need to present approval papers from Animal Control when purchasing kennel licenses.
To mail payment:
Send payment with copy of rabies vaccination and completed application to:
Emmet County Treasurer
200 Division St., Suite 170
Petoskey, MI 49770
Hours and contact information:
Phone: (231) 348-1715
Fax: (231) 487-1271
Hours: Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* Except Holidays
Click here to search dog licenses