FREE ONLINE RECORDS SEARCH
Images date back to 1852 but are only indexed from 1922 to present. Indexing pre-1922 is occurring on a regular basis. If you don’t find what you need on this site, stop in to the office to search the index books.
Users of this FREE site must register to conduct document searches and to purchase copies. The copy fee is $1.05 per page.
To register, click HERE.
If you’ve already registered, log in and begin searching by clicking HERE.
Registered users can search the index, view and/or purchase document copies with a credit card. If registered, log in to search by clicking HERE.
- Go to the Free Records Search website.
- Enter your user name and password and click submit.
- Search by Liber & Page, Name, and/or document type, etc.
- When searching by name, enter last name then first, no commas.
- The Both Names field means the name will be searched in both the Grantor and/or Grantee section of an indexed document. It doesn’t refer to searching for more than one person or name; e.g., a husband and wife, A/K/As, etc.
- To search for a specific document type, uncheck the box at the top where it states: “Leave this box checked to search for all document types.” When the box is unchecked, a list of document types will drop down.
- Click search.
- Double click on the document to view in advance or simply click “Purchase.” The indexed information appears by double clicking on a document.
- Click on “Preview Image” to view the document prior to purchasing it. A low resolution image will be seen. The indexed information will still show, with the image beneath it. View the image by scrolling down the screen.
- To purchase a copy, click “Add to Cart” and enter your credit/debit card information.
Please be on the lookout for companies offering to help residents acquire a certified copy of their deed. These companies charge fees of $50 or more. Copies of all land records can be purchased from your ROD office for as little as $1 per page. If you’re contacted by an outside company, it’s advised to check with the Emmet County ROD office before buying: 231.348.1761.