CLOSED BIDS AND/OR RFPS
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Emmet County is accepting Proposals from Certified Public Accounting firms to provide Auditing Services for the County in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Request for Proposal (RFP) for Auditing Services. The County is interested in a five-year contract with the option to extend for two (2) years on an annual basis at the County’s approval. The Audit services will begin with the fiscal audit responsibilities for December 31, 2019 and ending December 31, 2023 or if extensions are granted by the County.
The deadline for receipt is Monday, August 26, 2019 3:00 PM EDT
ADDENDUM: Page 8 B. Scope of Work – CAFR will not be required, just financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
QUESTIONS – 1
- Why is the County bidding? Our current bid has expired. Are you happy with your current audit firm? Yes
- The RFP refers to a CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report) several times. A CAFR contains three (3) sections (Introductory, Financial, Statistical) and is usually submitted to the Government Finance Officers Association for review through their certificate program. Does the County intend to issue a CAFR or just financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles as you’ve issued in the past? Just Financial Statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- How many professionals were onsite for the 2018 audit? Three staff members How many days did they spend onsite? Two weeks
- How many adjusting journal entries did the auditors typically propose? To my knowledge, there was not a specific number. How many were audit adjustments were proposed for the 2018 audit? There was not a specific number
- What was the fee for the audit for the year ended December 31, 2018? $25,900 What is the budget for the audit for the year ending December 31, 2019? $26,500
QUESTIONS – 2
- Are there any significant changes anticipated at the County? No
- How long has your current firm performed the audit? 7 yearsAre they invited to bid again? Yes
- What is the reason for issuing the RFP? Our current contract expiredWere there any disagreements with the prior auditor? No
- How many journal entries have auditors recommended in past few audits? Do you expect a similar result in the next 5 years? The previous Finance Director retired in February 2018. A new Finance Director started in March 2018 and new software and chart of accounts were implemented. This caused issues with the 2017 and 2018 audit. The situation has improved.
- Have audit recommendations from the prior year been followed up on and have procedures been put in place to correct reported deficiencies? yes
- For audit fieldwork, how many auditors are typically on site and for how many days? 3 auditors; 10 days
- Are there any anticipated changes to federal programs regarding the single audit? NoDo you expect similar programs in each of the next 5 years? No
- What were the County’s audit fees for the past 3 years? 2016 – $25,000; 2017 – $25,600, 2018 – $25,900Did this include additional nonattest services (services in addition to financial statement audit and preparation of the financial statements)? No
- What were the County’s compliance audit fees for the past 3 years? Please include both the single audit and the Passenger Facility Charge Program (separately). It was included in the audit
- It appears that this audit includes the primary government (County funds) and 4 component units only (Building Authority, Brownfield, Land Bank, and SANE). Any other entities (such as the Road Commission) are audited separately and are not included in the scope of this RFP. Is this accurate? Yes, the auditor will gather the information needed from the audit for the Road Commission and Bay Bluffs.
- What is the involvement of the County staff regarding preparation of the financial statements? We supply work papers; trial balance and work directly with the audit staff. The auditor prepares the financial statements (audit) and single audit; gasb etc.
- What is the most vital quality you are looking for in an audit firm? Availability to answer questions throughout the year. Work with the Finance Department to improve efficiencies. We want experienced staff and continuity.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION
PROFESSIONAL AIRPORT CONSULTING SERVICES
PELLSTON REGIONAL AIRPORT
The Pellston Regional Airport intends to select a consultant to assist in airport development projects. Interested consulting firms are requested to submit a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ). The SOQ should demonstrate the consultant’s interest in providing airport planning, architectural/engineering design, and construction administration services focused on the airport’s current Five-Year Airport Capital Improvement Plan (ACIP).
Statement of Qualifications Due Date: July 15, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EDT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS CHARLEVOIX • CHEBOYGAN • EMMET
OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ENCLOSED COMMAND TRAILER
The Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet Counties Office of Emergency Management (CCEOEM) is requesting proposals for a build project. The project is to supply an enclosed command trailer, all equipment and labor to build a custom enclosed command trailer that will meet the needs of CCEOEM. The trailer will be used primarily for on scene incident command support as well as exercise and event use. This is a build-to- order, or, turn-key project.
This trailer will be utilized year-round and will need complete walls finished with white vinyl for dry erase marker use, slip resistant flooring, insulated walls/ceiling, and outfitted with an air-conditioning and heater unit(s).
Proposal Due Date and Public Bid Opening June 10, 2019 @ 3:00 PM local time
Camp Petosega Expansion Project Specification
Issued for Bid (Service Building Bid Package #2) – 05/10/2019
Project’s primary work consists of a new campground loop road, sixteen modern campsites each with water and electrical service, new well, new septic field and a 958 square foot restroom/shower service building. Bid Package #2 – Service Building is being rebid . Multiple Prime Contract Project consists of the following prime contracts: Including all materials and labor required to complete the work identified as “Service Building Bid Package #2” within the contract documents. Excavation and Sitework, Concrete, Masonry, Rough Carpentry, Finish Carpentry, Roofing, Landscaping, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electric.
Proposal Due Date and Public Bid Opening June 5, 2019 @ 2:00 PM local time
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
FOR ARCHITECTURAL & ENGINEERING SERVICES
FOR BAY BLUFFS – EMMET COUNTY MEDICAL CARE FACILITY PROJECT
The Emmet County Medical Care Facility, Bay Bluffs, is currently equipped to provide that kind of specialized, skilled nursing care to a small segment of its resident population as we stand Proposals are being solicited for the purpose of contracting with an architectural and engineering (A&E) firm to design and develop bid documents with plans, drawings, technical specifications and a detailed project construction cost estimate, as well as, provide construction administration services for Bay Bluffs Emmet County Medical Care Facility 750 E. Main Street, Harbor Springs MI 49740. This project will consist of the front entryway reconfiguration, resident bathing rooms and resident dining rooms renovations.
Proposal Due Date and Public Bid Opening May 2, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EDT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
ELECTRONICS RECYCLING #2
The Emmet County Department of Public Works (ECDPW) is requesting proposals from qualified firms to accept for transport and processing used electronic equipment for reuse/resale and/or recovery of materials and disposal. This program will provide the opportunity for environmentally responsible reuse/recycling/disposal of electronic equipment for residents and small businesses in Emmet County and surrounding areas.
The deadline for receipt is Monday, April 29, 2019 @ 2:00 PM EST
PUBLIC SALE OF REAL PROPERTY – SEALED BIDS
Property for Sale # EC-03-2019-25 – King Rd Property
The County of Emmet is accepting sealed bids for the purchase of the following real property:
COMMONLY KNOWN AS VACANT LAND ON KING RD PETOSKEY, MI 49770 – PARCEL #14-20-20-300-012, W 10 AC OF SW 1/4 OF SW 1/4, 10 AC SECTION 20, T34N, R4W.
10 ACRE WOODED PARCEL OFF KING RD WHICH BECOMES A SEASONAL ROAD.
The deadline for receipt is Monday, April 8, 2019 @ 2:00 PM EST
CHARLEVOIX • CHEBOYGAN • EMMET
OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
ENCLOSED COMMAND TRAILER
The Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet Counties Office of Emergency Management (CCEOEM) is requesting proposals for a build project. The project is to supply an enclosed command trailer, all equipment and labor to build a custom enclosed command trailer that will meet the needs of CCEOEM. The trailer will be used primarily for on-scene incident command support as well as exercise and event use. This is a build-to-order, or, turn-key project.
The deadline for receipt has been extended to Thursday, March 28, 2019, 3:00 PM EST
Camp Petosega Expansion Project
Project’s primary work consists of a new campground loop road, sixteen modern campsites each with water and electrical service, new well, new septic field and a 958 square foot restroom/shower service building. Sixteen existing campsites are also scheduled to be taken out of service including the removal of the existing electrical and water service.
Prebid meeting is recommended March 11, 2019, at 9:30 AM EST
The deadline for receipt is Monday, March 25, 2019, 1:00 PM EST
EMMET COUNTY WEBSITE REDESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
The County of Emmet is seeking proposals for the redesign and reformat of its website. The goal for the website includes, but is not limited to:
- Improving communications between the county and its constituents
- Promoting community and economic development
- Supporting special events within the community.
- Enhancing the county’s image and identity
- Delivering e-government services
- 24-hour access to county information, forms, and make inquiries to minimize phone calls, in-person visits and outgoing mail that would otherwise occur
The deadline for receipt is Friday, March 15, 2019, 3:00 PM EST
BAY BLUFFS – EMMET COUNTY MEDICAL CARE FACILITY
FLOORING REPLACEMENT SERVICES
Emmet County Bay Bluff Medical Care Facility – is seeking proposals from a qualified contractor for the replacement of flooring. Bay Bluffs Medical Care Facility seeks a contractor that will provide a single source responsibility for all entailed work, which will include removal and proper disposal of existing flooring, moving furniture, shelving, office equipment and related materials. The contractor will complete all finish work such as trim, doorways.
RFP Release Date: February 20, 2019
MANDATORY WALK-THROUGH INSPECTION: Proposals will only be accepted from firms/individuals in attendance at the meeting: February 27, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST
Deadline for Written Questions March 1, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST
Email Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RFP Submission Deadline: March 5, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST – Administrators Conference Room
Proposal Review: March 5, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST
Award Recommendation: March 5, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST
CAMP PET-O-SEGA PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE REPLACEMENTS
The County of Emmet is requesting professional engineering proposals for the replacement of two pedestrian bridges crossing Cedar Creek within Camp Pet-O-Sega with comparable post supported bridges that meet current state requirements. See the location map and attached photo for the location of the two bridges. Emmet County has received a grant in the amount of $127,100 for construction and $18,900 for engineering services. Interested Engineering firms are to be familiar with meeting MDNR Grant requirements, show that they have designed pedestrian bridges, and have experience working with MDEQ in obtaining permitting for pedestrian bridges.
The deadline for receipt has been extended to Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 3:00 PM EST.