Military Discharge (DD-214)

After discharge from military service, a veteran may place his/her military discharge (DD-214) on file with the County Clerk in the county in which he/she resides. A honorably discharged veteran may obtain certified copies of the Discharge free of charge.

Military Discharges are not public records, and can be released only to the veteran (with picture ID), a family member with a copy of the veteran’s Death Certificate, or the funeral director handling the veterans’ funeral arrangements.

Application for Certified Record – Discharge from Military Service – DD214

Emmet County, Michigan
200 Division Street, Petoskey MI 49770
(231) 348-1700 | Contact Us