OFFICE OF COUNTY CIVIL COUNSEL
Cathryn Rudolph, Civil Counsel
200 Division Street, Suite G70
Petoskey MI 49770
Phone: (231) 348-0678
Fax: (231) 348-1790
Legal Administrative Assistant
FOIA PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES
It is the public policy of the State of Michigan that all persons (except those persons incarcerated in State or local correctional facilities) are entitled to full and complete information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts of those who represent them as public officials and public employees, and that the people shall be informed so that they may fully participate in the democratic process.
The Office of Civil Counsel handles FOIA requests for Emmet County. Details about obtaining records through FOIA are indicated below:
How do I submit a FOIA request to the County?
- A request must sufficiently describe a public record so as to enable the County to find it.
- Please include the words “FOIA” or “FOIA Request” in the request to assist the County in providing a prompt response.
- Requests to inspect or obtain copies of public records prepared, owned, used, possessed or retained by the County may be submitted on the County’s FOIA Request Form, in any other form of writing (letter, fax, email, etc.), or by verbal request. Any verbal request will be documented by the County on the County’s FOIA Request Form.
- No specific form to submit a written request is required. However a FOIA Request Form and other FOIA-related forms are available for your use and convenience by clicking on the document links below, and at Suite G70, County Building, 200 Division Street, Petoskey, Michigan 49770.
- Written requests may be delivered to the County Building, 200 Division Street, Petoskey, Michigan in person or by mail
- Requests may be faxed to: (231) 348-1790. To ensure a prompt response, faxed requests should contain the term “FOIA” or “FOIA Request” on the first/cover page.
- Requests may be emailed to: [email protected]. To ensure a prompt response, email requests should contain the term “FOIA” or “FOIA Request” in the subject line.
For complete information please see our Procedures and Guidelines, Public Summary of Procedures and Guidelines, and the Inspection of Records Policy below.