Emmet County Sheriff’s Office
DIAL 911 FOR ALL POLICE REQUESTS
BOTH EMERGENCY AND NON-EMERGENCY
SERVICE CHANGES as of MARCH 20, 2020 due to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Sheriff’s Office has updated some of the methods service will be provided to the public. All citizens are encouraged to check back at this webpage for the most current information. Citizens are also encouraged to call (Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) prior to visiting a Sheriff’s Office location for information and instructions on non-emergency matters:
Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Division (231) 439-8900
Corrections Facility (231) 347-2032
The lobby at all Sheriff’s Office locations will be closed for general admittance. However, citizens will be able to communicate with staff at the door for instructions (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. only). Other changes include:
• JAIL VISITATION: Suspended; in the near future each inmate will receive two free phone calls a week.
• PRELIMINARY BREATH TEST: Suspended until further notice
• FINGER PRINTING: Suspended until further notice
• PISTOL SALES RECORDS: Accepted by Mail ONLY, mail to Emmet County Sheriff’s Office, 450 Bay St., Petoskey MI 49770
• PISTOL PURCHASE PERMITS: Purchase Permits may be obtained at the Sheriff’s Office
• BONDS: There will be no interruption in bond payments for any inmate at the Emmet County Jail and will be available 24/7.
• FOIA REQUESTS: FOIA requests should be submitted online here.
• ACCIDENT REPORTS: Request forms and procedure available online here or by US Postal Mail.
Emmet County Sheriff’s Office has three different offices located throughout Emmet County.
Downtown Petoskey location
Jeffrey P. Bodzick Administrative Office & Correctional Facility
Brenda K. Ford, Administrator
450 Bay Street,
Petoskey, MI. 49770
Tel: (231) 347-2036
Fax: (231) 348-0666
M-119/Road Patrol location
Richard L. Zink Law Enforcement Center
Officer in Charge: Lt. Randy Kloss
3460 M-119 (Harbor-Petoskey Road)
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
Tel: (231) 439-8900
Fax: (231) 439-8917
Administrative Hours – Downtown Petoskey and M-119/Road Patrol offices
Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed on holidays)
Pellston Regional Airport Office
1393 N. US-31 Hwy
Pellston, MI 49769
Tel: (231) 539-8414
(this location is open 30 minutes before flights take off)
Sheriff Peter A. Wallin
Sheriff Wallin was appointed by a three-member board after the death of Sheriff Jeffrey P. Bodzick. Sheriff Wallin began with the Office as a road deputy in 1981, later being appointed to the position of Undersheriff by Sheriff Bodzick. Sheriff Wallin is also a long time resident of Emmet County.
Undersheriff Michael Keiser
Undersheriff Keiser was appointed by Sheriff Wallin in 2018. Undersheriff Keiser is lifelong resident of Emmet County. Undersheriff Keiser is a graduate of Lake Superior State University and the Eastern Michigan School of Staff and Command. Undersheriff Keiser began his career with Emmet County in 1994 serving in many capacities, including Marine Deputy, Deputy Sheriff, Corporal, Sergeant., Sgt. Detective, and Lieutenant.
Jail Administrator Brenda K. Ford
Administrator Ford was appointed by Sheriff Wallin in 2003. Prior to this position, Administrator Ford served as a Corrections Officer and has been with the Office since 1996. She is a life long resident of Emmet County, graduating from Harbor Springs High School.