200 Division St, Suite G12
Petoskey, MI 49770-2486
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The District Court is often called the “people’s court” as it has more interaction with the public than any other court. The District Court handles most traffic violations, all civil cases with claims up to $25,000 as well as landlord-tenant matters, most traffic tickets, and all misdemeanor criminal cases (generally, cases where the accused, if found guilty, cannot be sentenced to more than one year in jail). In addition, small claims cases are heard by a division of the district court. There are approximately 100 district courts in Michigan with district court judges elected for six-year terms.
PROBATIONERS: There will be no in-person reporting until further notice. Please submit report forms online or by mail. That form and other helpful forms are available as PDF downloads below. If you have questions/concerns, please contact your probation officer.
PROBATION REPORT FORM
COMMUNITY SERVICE TIMESHEET
12-STEP PROGRAM LOG SHEET
90th District Court Judge
Honorable Angela J. Lasher
Judge Lasher took the bench in the 90th District Court on February 14, 2020 after being appointed by Governor Gretchen Whitmer to fill out the remaining term of Judge James N. Erhart, who had retired in 2019. Judge Lasher was proud to earn the trust of the people in the November 2020 general election, when she won 65.9% of the vote in her first election bid. Her first full, six-year term will begin on January 1, 2021.
DISTRICT COURT PHONE NUMBERS
• Traffic Division / Main Desk: (231) 348-1750
• To send a fax, use (231) 348-0616
• Civil Division: (231) 348-1751 or (231) 348-1753
• Criminal Division: (231) 348-1752 or (231) 348-1755
• Probation Department: (231) 348-0632
• To send a fax, use (231) 348-0698
DISTRICT COURT STAFF
KATRINA D. MARTIN – District Court Attorney Magistrate
DISTRICT COURT NEWS
• Oct. 22, 2020 – 90th District Sobriety Court receives $19,000 grant
The Honorable Angela J. Lasher recently announced that the 90th District Court was awarded $19,000 in grant funds to boost its sobriety court. ……….. Read the full story here
• April 13, 2020 – Judge Lasher Keeps District Court Moving Along
Judge Lasher began using the online video conferencing platform last week for in-custody defendants after she was assigned a license for the Zoom Virtual Courtroom by the Michigan Supreme Court. ……….. Read the full story here
• DISTRICT COURT CASE SEARCH (Civil, traffic, criminal, domestic (divorce/family), probate and juvenile traffic and delinquency cases are available at this link, depending on the type of court being searched. Neglect/abuse cases will not be displayed.)
• DISTRICT COURT DOCKET (Anyone with a non-public case will not appear on this calendar. Contact your attorney or the court to verify your hearing date/time if your case is non-public.)
• VIDEO RECORDINGS OF COURT HEARINGS (Beginning in April 2020, following the courthouse building closure to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.)
• STATE COURT ADMINISTRATION OFFICE (SCAO) APPROVED COURT FORMS
• REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATIONS BY PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
• EXTENSIVE RESOURCES AT MICHIGAN COURTS WEBSITE