POSITION: GIS Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Equalization/GIS Director
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
SALARY GRADE: G1E3 USWA
RATE OF PAY: $22.83
Here at Emmet County, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to providing outstanding services to our constituents. Understanding that our team members are our most valuable asset, Emmet County is committed to providing the best experience and working environment any team member can imagine.
To create and maintain a state-of-the-art Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which accurately and comprehensively represents all relevant and useful geographic data and information about Emmet County. This data is created to be delivered to the general public, private sector clients, and associated governmental agencies.
- Maintains and administers applicable GIS systems and keep database information current.
- Develop GIS applications to facilitate ease of use and integrates multiple data sets from various departments.
- Performs studies and analyses and determines methods of adapting GIS applications to various agency operations.
- Work with GIS Data Description Specialist to create and maintain accurate graphic representation of parcel data.
- Assist with data layer creation, maintenance and updates. Produce map products for County Departments, municipalities and the general public.
- Provide information, training and assistance to County departments and the general public regarding Emmet County GIS Programs.
- Participate in special projects as required, including general database enhancements and further development of internet applications.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS
- Communicates effectively at all levels and in a variety of media.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and county departments.
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- Solve problems within the scope of responsibility.
- Works productively under pressure.
- Willingness to participate in in-service and formal training as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online Applications.
- Knowledge of BS&A database software.
- The ability to read and use zoning maps, plat maps, land use maps, aerial maps, blueprints and engineering plans.
- The ability to provide technical expertise and user training and support for countywide GIS program.
- Interpret recorded plans to enter graphics and attribute data into the geographic information system.
- Ability to work effectively with the public, elected officials, and fellow employees.
- The ability to work with other Counties to coordinate CCE-911 data sets.
- Ability to research and recommends ways to improve the mapping process.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to detect errors, determine causes, and make corrections.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two to three years of experience in GIS development and integration, preferably in County government.
- Two to four years of experience in the use of ESRI’s suite of ArcGIS software.
- Preferred Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography or related field.
None required, GIS Certification or Certificate preferred