Paramedic - Full Time/Part-Time
POSITION: Paramedic – Full Time/Part-Time
SUPERVISOR: EMS Director
FLSA CLASIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT
SALARY GRADE: Paramedic FT – $20.95 -$22.90
Paramedics provide quality medical care and transportation to sick and injured patients in the pre-hospital setting. This includes performing all necessary duties to ensure operational readiness, providing exceptional care at their level of licensure, and completing other necessary administrative tasks as required.
- Present in a professional manner and display a good public image for the employee and Emmet County EMS in accordance with department policy.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Emmet County EMS, including Standard Operating Procedures, Medical Protocols, and the department Policy Manual.
- Perform routine inspections of equipment, vehicles, and stations to ensure readiness.
- Maintain all equipment, vehicles, and stations to a clean and presentable manner at all times.
- Respond in a safe and timely manner to all calls for service.
- Operate emergency vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
- Provide comprehensive and complete assessment, care, and treatment for all patients.
- Effectively communicate and work with other responders and caregivers.
- Interact professionally with all members of the health care community, patients, and family to ensure best possible outcomes for all involved during emergencies or routine care.
- Complete appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate in continuing education to stay current with pre-hospital practices.
- Participate and complete all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of supervisors and management team members.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
DESIRED BEHAVIORIAL TRAITS:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Strong organizational behaviors including;
- Time Management
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to Learn
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Clear and effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to execute tasks and problem solve for solutions simultaneously.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pre-hospital medical procedures, protocols, and equipment use appropriate to provider’s level of licensure.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Physical stamina to perform standard duties.
- Work as a team with staff members as needed
- Use of communication equipment, computers, and vehicles.
- Currently licensed Paramedic with the State of Michigan or ability to become licensed with the State of Michigan prior to position start date.
- Possess a valid Michigan Vehicle Operators License with no restrictions, or have the ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Possess an Emergency Vehicle Operator (or equivalent driver training) Certification.
- Possess a current Basic Life Support certification (minimum). Current ACLS, PALS/PEPP, ITLS (or equivalent) certifications preferred, or ability to obtain during employment orientation period.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in related field preferred but not required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a physical examination including drug screen.