POSITION: Recycle Processor
RATE OF PAY: $16.43
LOCATION: Emmet County Recycle Facility
To perform tasks related to the accepting, sorting, and processing of recyclable materials. To produce high quality, marketable recyclables in a safe and efficient manner. This is a full time position.
- Sort recyclable materials by type and grade as determined by Supervisor. Safely operate feed and sort conveyors and other processing equipment
- Remove material contaminants as directed
- Communicate with sorters, baler operator, recycle operator, recycle operations supervisor, other staff and contracted workers to maximize efficiency, safety, and teamwork
- Perform work safely for all job functions and appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) must to be worn and all safety protocol followed
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Desired Behavioral Traits
- Gets along with others, lends a helping hand to others
- Must be capable of following directions, working well with others
- Positive attitude and teamwork required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be capable of operating conveyors and repetitive work
- Must be able to perform bending, lifting, and handling materials, and other physically demanding labor
- Good communications skills required
- Multi-tasking, using good common sense and communicating well with sorters, baler operator, and supervisors required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years or older.