POSITION: Reimbursement Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Sheriff’s Office
SUPERVISOR: Jail Administrator
RATE OF PAY: $18.92 – $19.50 (USWA)
LOCATION: Emmet County Jail
The Reimbursement Clerk is under the supervision of the Office manager, and is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and processing of all financial records and transactions related to the jail trust accounts.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Receipt housing payments in person, by credit card and on-line.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Monitor financial transactions for accuracy.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in accounts.
- Process and file daily booking and releases.
- Accurately record payments and refunds.
- Prepare timely, accurate invoices and financial statements; follow up as needed to ensure payment.
- Provide monthly financial reports to department managers as directed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Desired Behavioral Traits
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, detail orientated, organized, and willing to work as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficient in clerical skills, typing, filing, and computer applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate positively with the public, peers and supervisors.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping principles.
- Good cash handling skills.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Two years of office bookkeeping, banking or accounting experience.