SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager/Supervisors
RATE OF PAY: $17.61-$19.24
LOCATION: Emmet County
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) respond to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured, and to transport the patient to a medical facility. After receiving the call from Central Dispatch the EMT-B drives the ambulance to the address or location given, using the most expeditious route, dependent on traffic and weather conditions. The EMT-B must observe traffic laws and regulations concerning emergency vehicle operations.
- Operate ambulance equipment safety and respond to radio transmissions
- Assure ambulance and first response vehicles are stocked fueled and ready to respond
- Lead and coordinate the team responding to an emergency
- Evaluate the patient’s condition on the scene and perform preliminary diagnosis
- Attend to injuries or sudden illnesses by applying a variety of pre-hospital simple and advanced treatments (first aid, CPR, administering injections and oxygen etc.) or surgical procedures
- Use tech equipment and tools to stabilize patients or provide immediate treatment
- Monitor patient’s condition en route to the hospital
- Collaborate with interested parties (police, firefighting unit, doctors etc.)
- Write and submit complete and accurate reports on incidents
- Adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards
- Keep current with new treatment and medical procedures through continuous training
- Perform assigned station duty’s, tasks and chores during shift
DESIRED BEHAVIORIAL TRAITS:
Assertive yet compassionate, Organized, Emotional Intelligence, positive attitude, Detail oriented.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Excellent communications skills. Must be able to execute tasks and problem solve for solution simultaneously. Must have Comprehensive knowledge of pre-hospital procedures, techniques, methods and equipment. Interpersonal, Critical Thinking and Decision making Skills. Physical Stamina.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of Technical Training equivalent to college level course work in Para medicine (State of Michigan Emergency Medical Technician License). Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in related field preferred.
Possess a valid Michigan Vehicle Operators License with no restrictions.
BLS, PALS, ITLS or equivalent Trauma certificate of completion.