* CAMP PETOSEGA STAFF (seasonal)
POSITION: Camp Petosega Staff (seasonal)
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation Department
SUPERVISOR: Camp Petosega Manager
LOCATION: Camp Petosega along Pickerel Lake
RATE OF PAY: $16.00 – $19.00 (depending on position and experience)
END-OF-SEASON BONUS: Seasonal staff, who meet the criteria for attendance and job performance, will qualify for a bonus based on seasonal hours worked
Responsible for general grounds upkeep, maintenance, janitorial cleaning and housekeeping at Camp Petosega.
• Mows the campground, prune the bushes and trees, edge the sidewalks and give the grounds a manicured look.
• Performs general cleaning, janitorial/custodial cleaning, and trash collection at cabins and facilities.
• Takes on special landscaping, gardening or planting projects as deemed necessary.
• Collaborate with the Camp Manager team to make sure the grounds and the buildings are maintained appropriately and ready for guests upon check-in.
• Assists with customer service, and office duties, as needed by the Campground Manager
• Performs regular maintenance and minor repairs on the lawn equipment and tools.
• Waters and fertilize the lawns and gardens as needed.
• Uses hand and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs.
• Performs minor carpentry, painting and maintenance work.
• Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
• Working evenings and weekends on rotation as required.
• Performs other duties as required to maintain the buildings, equipment and grounds in clean, orderly, and working conditions.
• Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS:
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral or written instructions.
• Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
• Must be reliable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Requires the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work most lawn and garden tools including mowers, weed whips and trimmers.
• Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold and rain.
• Skilled in being able to shift quickly and multi-task based on changing facility needs.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of groundskeeping/maintenance experience preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.