* MCGULPIN POINT LIGHTHOUSE DOCENT (seasonal)
POSITION: Lighthouse Docent (seasonal)
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation Department
SUPERVISOR: McGulpin Point Lighthouse Manager
LOCATION: McGulpin Point Lighthouse
RATE OF PAY: $16.00 – $19.00 (depending on position and experience)
END-OF-SEASON BONUS: Seasonal staff, who meet the criteria for attendance and job performance, will qualify for a bonus based on seasonal hours worked
To increase public awareness of the historical importance of McGulpin Point Lighthouse, its architecture, function, and surrounding natural history. Docent also assists visitors with items in the gift shop and helps keep the facility clean.
• Share the history of the Lighthouse and surrounding area with visitors.
• Assist with Gift Shop and clerical duties
• Help with keeping the building and grounds clean.
• Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS:
Honest, friendly, self-motivated.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Able to communicate applicable information to visitors
• Have a passion and knowledge base of lighthouses
• Be able to assist with retail sales
• Maintain a high level of responsibility and autonomy
• High School Diploma or equivalent, 18 years of age or older
• Valid Driver’s License
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.