ASSISTANT PROSECUTING ATTORNEY I
POSITION: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney I
SUPERVISOR: Prosecuting Attorney
LOCATION: Emmet County Building in downtown Petoskey
• Under the supervision of the Prosecuting Attorney, review police reports to authorize or deny warrant requests for criminal prosecution.
• Represent the State of Michigan in all stages of prosecution for misdemeanor, felony, and probate cases by appearing in District, Circuit, and/or Probate courts from authorization through trial.
• Interview victims and witnesses.
• Draft all types of legal pleadings; for example: motions, briefs, stipulations, witness lists, and jury instructions.
• Prepare and review search warrants.
• Consult with law enforcement agencies.
• Any other duties assigned by the prosecuting attorney.
• Applicant must be proficient in legal research and writing.
• Case assignments will include, but not limited to, the prosecution of domestic violence and assaultive crimes with the possibility of juvenile delinquency and abuse/neglect cases.
• Possession of a Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school
• Membership in good standing in the State Bar of Michigan
• Possession of a valid Michigan Driver’s License
• Able to pass a personal background investigation including a criminal history check.
SALARY RANGE FOR 2022:
$64,265.00 – $72,090.00 annually. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and legal references by attaching them to the employment application on the Emmet County website at https://www.emmetcounty.org/employment-opportunities/ or by mailing to Human Resources Department, 200 Division Street, Suite 178, Petoskey, MI 49770