POSITION: Property Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Treasurer’s Office
SUPERVISOR: County Treasurer
LOCATION: Emmet County Building
RATE OF PAY: $20.95 per hour
Assist the County Treasurer with the property tax process from billing through property tax adjustments and foreclosure process as well as Land Bank work. Conduct the annual Principle Residence Exemption Audit. Also, assist the cashier/clerk position as requested.
• Conducts and reconciles the Principle Residence Exemption Audit.
• Property tax billing adjustments and distributions.
• Create accounts payable vouchers, receipts and journal entries
• Understand and drafting legal documents pertaining to real & personal property.
• Land Bank related work.
• Assist in answering constituent questions requiring a thorough knowledge of the property tax process.
• Back up daily cash handling and receipt reconciliation.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS:
Organized, positive attitude, good customer service, team player, able to multi-task
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
• High school degree and 5 years’ experience in a financial field or bachelor’s degree in a financial field with 1 year of related experience required.
• Property tax experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.