SEASONAL - RECYCLING PROCESSOR
POSITION: Recycling Processor (seasonal)
SUPERVISOR: Recycling Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: Emmet County Recycling, Composting, and Waste Transfer Station (7363 Pleasantview Road, Harbor Springs)
RATE OF PAY: $12.75/per hour
To perform tasks related to the accepting, sorting, and processing of recyclable materials. To produce high quality, marketable recyclables in a safe and efficient manner. This is a full-time position.
• Sort recyclable materials by type and grade as determined by Supervisor. Safely operate feed and sort conveyors and other processing equipment.
• Remove material contaminants as directed.
• Communicate with sorters, baler operator, recycle operator, recycle operations supervisor, other staff and contracted workers to maximize efficiency, safety, and teamwork.
• Perform work safely for all job functions and appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) must to be worn and all safety protocol followed.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Other tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS:
• Gets along with others; lends a helping hand to others. Must be capable of following directions, working well with others. Positive attitude and teamwork required!
This position involves the operation of sort-and-feed conveyors and related tools and equipment. Two-way radios are used for communication. Must wear all safety equipment provided by County, including leather work boots, and obey safety procedures.
• Must be capable of standing for hours at a time, bending, lifting, climbing and throwing materials, and other physically demanding labor.
• Conditions may be hot, cold, dusty and noisy.
• Indoor/Outdoor work environment.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Must be capable of operating conveyors and repetitive work.
• Must be able to perform bending, lifting, and handling materials, and other physically demanding labor.
• Good communications skills required.
• Multi-tasking, using good common sense and communicating well with sorters, baler operator, and supervisors required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.