HEADLANDS DARK SKY PARK SEASONAL STAFF
POSITION: Headlands Dark Sky Park Seasonal Staff
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation Department
SUPERVISOR: Headlands Park Manager
LOCATION: Headlands International Dark Sky Park
RATE OF PAY: $11.25 – $13.00 (varies with position)
Seasonal Full Time = 35-40 hour per week
Seasonal Part Time = 20-30 hours per week
This position primarily consists of housekeeping duties, including but not limited to vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, washing windows, and cleaning other surfaces. Grounds maintenance assistance will also be required as needed. The position provides sales support at the gift shop as needed as well as occasional assistance during special events with clean up, collection of fees, and customer assistance. Will work many evenings.
• Housekeeping associated with the event center, guest house, etc.
• Clerical assistance at the park gift shop
• Grounds clean up
• Event help and customer assistance as needed
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS:
Self-motivated, task oriented, honest, physically able to handle duties and responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Great communication skills
• Ability to lift, bend, reach without assistance
• Able to perform a variety of housekeeping tasks
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Customer service experience helpful
• Driver’s License
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.