SEASONAL - HEADLANDS DARK SKY PARK STAFF
POSITION: Headlands Dark Sky Park Seasonal Staff
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation Department
SUPERVISOR: Headlands Park Manager
LOCATION: Headlands International Dark Sky Park
RATE OF PAY: $12.75 – $15.50 (depending on position and experience)
END-OF-SEASON BONUS: Seasonal staff, who meet the criteria for attendance and job performance, will qualify for a bonus of 50 cents for every hour worked during the season
This position primarily consists of housekeeping duties, including but not limited to vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, washing windows, and cleaning other surfaces. Grounds maintenance assistance will also be required as needed. The position provides sales support at the gift shop as needed as well as occasional assistance during special events with clean-up, collection of fees, and customer assistance. Will work many evenings.
• Housekeeping associated with the event center, guest houses, etc.
• Clerical assistance at the park gift shop
• Grounds clean-up
• Event help and customer assistance as needed
• Other park duties as assigned
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS:
Self-motivated, task-oriented, honest, physically able to handle duties and responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Great communication skills
• Ability to lift, bend, reach without assistance
• Able to perform a variety of housekeeping tasks
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Customer service experience helpful
• Driver’s License
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.