Human Resources Coordinator
POSITION: Human Resources Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Human Resources Director
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
RATE OF PAY: $18.65/hr
LOCATION: County Building
At Emmet County, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to providing outstanding services to our constituents. Understanding that our team members are our most valuable asset, Emmet County is committed to providing the best experience and working environment any team member can imagine.
POSITION SUMMARY: Acts as a back-up to the HR Payroll/Benefits Administrator for processing payroll and administering benefits for Emmet County.
- Becomes proficient with the BS&A payroll system in order to back up payroll processing.
- Assists with annual Benefits open enrollment
- Sets up new team member files
- Conducts new team member orientation
- Processes STD & LTD claims
- Processes Workers Compensation claims
- Tracks retirement and pension fund activity
- Manages personnel files
- Maintains I-9 files and performs annual audit
- Manages DVM process, enforces policy parameters, runs DVM reports.
- Maintains OSHA log and files annual report
- Maintains accident/incident folders, files and reports
- Works with Risk provider to coordinate, schedule, and track all requisite safety trainings
- Responds to verification of employment requests
- Maintains mail, supplies and creates purchase orders
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS: Attention to detail, initiative, personable, empathetic, analytical.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: Proficiency with HRIS software systems and spreadsheets, project management skills, ability to multi-task, knowledge of payroll, benefit, tax, and human resource regulations. Knowledge of ACA, COBRA, FMLA, I-9, HIPAA, OSHA, and payroll related acts and laws. Good math skills, logical problem-solving capability.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates degree in human resources or related. 3-5 years’ experience processing payroll, working with benefit plans.