Park Campground Coordinator
POSITION: Park Campground Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Parks & Rec Director and/or Parks & Rec Maintenance Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Camp Petosega
RATE OF PAY: $16.42 per hour
At Emmet County, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to providing outstanding services to our constituents. Understanding that our team members are our most valuable asset, Emmet County is committed to providing the best experience and working environment any team member can imagine.
Under the direction of the Director of Parks & Recreation, supervises the overall campground facilities and daily operation including day to day oversight of staff, fee collection within budgeted guidelines and guest service expectations. The Camp Coordinator will oversee daily functions of Camp Petosega during “season”, April-November and work under the Direction of the Parks and Rec Maintenance Supervisor “off-season” December-March to assist with winter parks maintenance needs.
- Oversee the daily operations of Camp Petosega
- Works with Parks and Recreation Director to staff, coach, train and direct seasonal workers to ensure clean, safe park amenities.
- Maintains a safety-focused culture and provides training and guidance to ensure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for fee collection aspects of all campsites, cabins and rental venues
- Manage the overall campground facilities maintenance, functionality and cleanliness
- Work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and Parks and Recreation Director to complete major repairs, winterizing/summarizing, grounds keeping and maintenance
- Maintain an engaged, active and focused staff by demonstrating a positive example of county rules and policies.
- Maintains all maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget requirements.
- Oversee staff timekeeping processes
- Leads by example with an on-going commitment to delivering excellent guest service and to ensure that staff members are delivering excellent guest service.
- Operate vehicles, tools, and maintenance equipment in and out of the campgrounds.
- Maintains and enhances a guest focused culture in all areas of responsibility.
- Calls vendors and contractors as required.
- Works a flexible schedule in order to be onsite for venues during events.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS: Punctual, dependable, trustworthy, strong work ethic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Parks operations, grounds-keeping, and rental applications.
- Proficient with software databases as well as producing utilization and volume reports.
- Good project management and sound reasoning skills.
- Good communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in working independently and adjusting priorities.
- Ability to operate and maintain park equipment and specialty equipment as well as operate single commercial vehicles over 2,000 pounds.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school Diploma or equivalent. 3-5 years’ prior experience in; parks & recreation upkeep and maintenance, supervisory experience, demonstrated management experience, ability to work with maintenance equipment and tools.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES REQUIRED: Valid Michigan driver’s license.