Parks & Rec Sales & Admin Coordinator
POSITION: Parks & Rec Sales & Admin Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Director Parks & Rec
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Steelworkers Union
At Emmet County, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to providing outstanding services to our constituents. Understanding that our team members are our most valuable asset, Emmet County is committed to providing the best experience and working environment any team member can imagine.
Provides sales administrative support to the Parks & Recreation Department including reservations, event tours, maintains sales and property information collateral.
- Follows up on all incoming venue leads and converts leads to bookings.
- Manages prospective client correspondence from inquiry through reservation confirmation and fee receipt.
- Conducts venue tours to prospective clientele
- Manages client contracts.
- Processes deposits, payments, and account updates
- Updates, maintains, and utilizes client database.
- Works the wedding and corporate networks to increase bookings.
- Is actively involved with the Fairground calendar and works with contacts and leads to book out 100%.
- Assists Parks & Recreation Program Coordinator with Social media responses and program marketing as requested.
- Manages the Purchasing function for Parks & Recreation.
- Works with the Director to improve efficiencies by updating current processes & procedures.
- Must be physically able to walk the fairgrounds to assess the condition of the building before, during and after events.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS
Motivated self-starter, organized and detail oriented, adaptable, resilient, customer service orientation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Ability to act independently and exercise initiative to achieve departmental goals and objectives, proficient in communicating orally and in writing. Demonstrated success in project and event management. Has the ability to handle complex, multiple and concurrent tasks. Is proficient with social media exchanges. Works well under pressure. Is proficient with spreadsheet and software utilization.
Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3-5 years’ previous experience in sales, event planning, vendor/client management, contract execution, building and working client data bases. Proficient in hunting and farming leads to booking. Experience with using social media as a sales platform as well as customer service venue