Crooked River Lock Attendant
The following Full-time Seasonal position is available. Staffed between April 2019 and October 2019.
DEPARTMENT: Park and Recreation
SUPERVISOR: Parks and Recreation Director
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
RATE OF PAY: 12/hr
LOCATION: Crooked River Lock, Alanson
Here at Emmet County, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to providing outstanding services to our constituents. Understanding that our team members are our most valuable asset, Emmet County is committed to providing the best experience and working environment any team member can imagine.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists with the operation of the Crooked River Lock to permit marine passage on the inland waterway.
- Inspects lock facilities to help ensure safe and property conduct of boaters.
- Operates the lock and provides instruction to boaters to safely navigate the Crooked River Lock.
- Collects fees from seasonal/daily lock passes and reconciles revenues weekly.
- Performs general grounds maintenance and janitorial work.
- Operates maintenance equipment including hand tools and mowers/trimmers/blowers.
- Performs work safely
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS: Personable, friendly, service oriented
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and park visitors. Good oral and written communications skills.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent. Familiarity with cash handling procedures.