Headlands Park Attendant
The following Seasonal position is available (part-time or full-time). Staffed between April 2019 and October 2019
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
SUPERVISOR: Headlands Park Manager
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
RATE OF PAY: $11/hr PT, $12/hr FT
LOCATION: Headlands County Park
Here at Emmet County, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to providing outstanding services to our constituents. Understanding that our team members are our most valuable asset, Emmet County is committed to providing the best experience and working environment any team member can imagine.
POSITION SUMMARY: The position provides sales support at the Headlands and McGulpin Lighthouse gift shops, assists with purchasing, park maintenance, housekeeping and special events duties. This position will also be able to tour the facility to guests as well as booking reservations and events. Assists with seasonal staff scheduling and training.
- Answer phone calls and provide visitor information.
- Give tours of facilities to prospective renters. Assist with opening and closing procedures for rentals.
- Housekeeping and laundry associated with the Event Center, Guest House, and Cottage.
- Gift Shop sales, purchasing, and product display.
- Groundskeeping and park maintenance including snow removal, trail maintenance, gardening, and lawn care. Assist with the completion of offseason repairs, painting, and upkeep of facilities.
- Special events set-up and clean-up. Assist program coordinator and Park Manager with duties at events.
- Parking and traffic assistance during busy nights and events.
- Other projects and tasks as directed by the Park Manager.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS
Self-motivated, task-oriented, honest, physically able to handle duties and responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Great communication skills, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, reach without assistance, able to physically perform a variety of housekeeping tasks, mathematical skills sufficient to be able to inventory stock and supplies, run a cash register and return change. Ability to shift priorities based on need, problem-solve and have good organizational skills.
High School Diploma or equivalent. 1 year prior experience in a retail or customer service environment. Experience with POS systems preferred. Must be 18 year of age or older. Working evenings (events may run until 2:00 am in season) and weekends are required based on the park event schedule.
*Evenings (until approx. 2 am, in season) and weekends are required.