Camp Petosega Park Attendant
The following Part-time Seasonal position is available. Staffed between April 2019 and October 2019
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
SUPERVISOR: Petosega Park Manager
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
RATE OF PAY: $11/hr
LOCATION: Camp Petosega, Alanson
Here at Emmet County, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to providing outstanding services to our constituents. Understanding that our team members are our most valuable asset, Emmet County is committed to providing the best experience and working environment any team member can imagine.
Assists with the operation of County Park and recreational facilities. Duties are performed under the supervision of the Seasonal Lead Park Attendant and the general directions of the Park Manager.
- Inspects park facilities to help ensure safe and proper conduct of park visitors.
- Performs general grounds maintenance and janitorial work.
- Operates maintenance equipment, including hand tools, mowers/trimmers and blowers.
- Assists with special facility arrangements.
- Directs visitors to the park areas and provides instructions for use if necessary
- Interacts with the public on a daily basis, collects feeds from building site rentals, processes cancellations, refunds and reconciles revenue after each shift.
- Works safely.
JOB LOCATION AND EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
Duties are performed throughout Emmet County Park properties. Works with general office equipment, including phones and computers and a variety of chemicals used for cleaning. Operates a variety of hand tools, mowers, blowers and trimmers. Requires working outdoors occasionally in unpleasant weather conditions, on weekends and holidays. May be assigned to other parks as needed.
DESIRED BEHAVIORAL TRAITS
Friendly, mature, approachable, able to multi-task and use good judgment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and park visitors, Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to operate a computer and make cash/credit card transactions.
High School diploma or equivalent, previous experience working with the public preferred
Valid Michigan driver’s license