Building & Grounds Maintenance
SUPERVISOR: Maintenance Leadership
DEPARTMENT: Building and Grounds
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $15.13/HR
Here at Emmet County, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to providing outstanding services to our constituents. Understanding that our team members are our most valuable asset, Emmet County is committed to providing the best experience and working environment any team member can imagine.
To maintain the cleanliness, mechanical repair, functionality and appearance of building & grounds for all Emmet County Buildings and facilities.
- Maintains the cleanliness to include all surfaces in common areas, offices, meeting rooms, restrooms, mechanical rooms and kitchens.
- Maintains buildings and grounds mechanicals both maintenance and repairs.
- Maintains the appearance of County building grounds including lawn care, snow removal, and all other issues involving grounds care.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining all building surfaces including floors, stairways, rails, window, restrooms and common areas.
- Restocks supplies necessary for restrooms, common areas, kitchens, team member lunch room.
- Disposes of waste and recycling materials.
- Does preventative maintenance work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Valid driver’s license, skilled in working on building mechanicals, knowledge of tools, equipment, preventative maintenance protocols.
High School degree, 1-year previous building/grounds maintenance experience.