MEETINGS & EVENTS CALENDAR
Please note — You can change the way you view the calendar in the drop-down button on the top right above the calendar. By default, the calendar is now displayed in “agenda” mode. Other options include viewing by month, week or day.
The Emmet County Land Bank Authority will hold their monthly meeting in the Commissioner’s Board Room, across from the Treasurer’s Office, on the first floor of the County Building in Downtown Petoskey, 200 Division Street. The meeting is open to the public. Those attending must enter through the Lake Street doors and be prepared to pass through a metal detector and security check. To view the current agenda (when available) and archived meeting minutes, visit the Land Bank Authority.
At 9:30 a.m. the Pellston Regional Airport Committee will hold a meeting in the Upstairs Conference Room, Airport Terminal Building, Pellston Regional Airport, 1395 US-31 North, Pellston, Michigan.
Michigan Aurora Chasers Workshop – Headlands International Dark Sky Park – 4/1/23 (1pm -6pm)
Join us at the Headlands International Dark Sky Park for the first workshop of the Michigan Aurora Chasers, a Facebook group devoted to catching the Northern Lights! The free workshop will include talks on Aurora Forecasting and Photography during the daytime. Space is limited, so please register at the link: COMING SOON!
Get advice on what it takes to see the Northern Lights in Michigan from our own group experts! Program may be subject to change.
Our workshop will feature:
• “Capturing Northern Lights on Your Phone: Tips and Tricks,” with MI Aurora Admin Patrick Grubba
• “Chasing the Aurora in Michigan: Where, When and How to Catch the Northern Lights,” with MI Aurora Founder Melissa F. Kaelin
• “How to Use Space Weather Live,” with MI Aurora Admin Nate Stovall
• “Advanced Aurora Photography: From Equipment to Camera Settings,” with Professional Photographer Shelly Leigh of Michigan Milkyway
• “Demystifying the Data in Aurora Forecasting: What to Use, What Not to Use,” with Space Weather Trackers Founder Christian Harris
• Ask an Expert: Outdoor Photography and Hands-On Tips at Sunset on Lake Michigan
Following the program, we invite our members to join us for the Social and Night Shoot at an off-site location, which will include Night Photography and Aurora Chasing Guidance on the night of April 1-2, if conditions allow. Host hotel information is available in the discussion thread.
Join the group: FB.com/groups/MichiganAuroraChasers
Follow our public page: FB.com/MichiganAuroraChasers