Michigan Aurora Chasers Workshop – Headlands International Dark Sky Park – 4/1/23 (1pm -6pm)
Join us at the Headlands International Dark Sky Park for the first workshop of the Michigan Aurora Chasers, a Facebook group devoted to catching the Northern Lights! The free workshop will include talks on Aurora Forecasting and Photography during the daytime. Space is limited, so please register at the link: COMING SOON!
Get advice on what it takes to see the Northern Lights in Michigan from our own group experts! Program may be subject to change.
Our workshop will feature:
• “Capturing Northern Lights on Your Phone: Tips and Tricks,” with MI Aurora Admin Patrick Grubba
• “Chasing the Aurora in Michigan: Where, When and How to Catch the Northern Lights,” with MI Aurora Founder Melissa F. Kaelin
• “How to Use Space Weather Live,” with MI Aurora Admin Nate Stovall
• “Advanced Aurora Photography: From Equipment to Camera Settings,” with Professional Photographer Shelly Leigh of Michigan Milkyway
• “Demystifying the Data in Aurora Forecasting: What to Use, What Not to Use,” with Space Weather Trackers Founder Christian Harris
• Ask an Expert: Outdoor Photography and Hands-On Tips at Sunset on Lake Michigan
Following the program, we invite our members to join us for the Social and Night Shoot at an off-site location, which will include Night Photography and Aurora Chasing Guidance on the night of April 1-2, if conditions allow. Host hotel information is available in the discussion thread.
Join the group: FB.com/groups/MichiganAuroraChasers
Follow our public page: FB.com/MichiganAuroraChasers