|Emmet County Courthouse||John Watson Community Resource Center|
200 Division Street
3434 Harbor-Petoskey (M-119) Rd
County Building General Office Hours
John Watson Center General Office Hours
2015 FEE SCHEDULE FOR COUNTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
County offices closed the following days:
|Thursday, January 1, 2015||New Year's Day|
|Afternoon Only, April 3, 2015||Good Friday|
|Monday, May 25, 2015||Memorial Day|
|Monday, July 6, 2015||Fourth of July (observed)|
|Monday, September 7, 2015||Labor Day|
|Thursday, November 26, 2015||Thanksgiving Day|
|Friday, November 27, 2015||Friday after Thanksgiving|
|Thursday, December 24, 2015||Christmas Eve|
|Friday, December 25, 2015||Christmas Day|
About Emmet County
The County of Emmet
Organized in 1853
County Seat - Petoskey
POPULATION: 2010 Census - 32,694
LAND AREA: 295,040 acres which includes: 197,677 acres of forested land, 113,285 acres of crop and pasture land, 10,400 acres of inland water area, 68 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline.
AIRPORTS: Pellston Regional Airport (PLN) served by Delta Airlines
Harbor Springs Municipal Airport (MGN)- Executive Class
ROADS: 92 miles of State trunk lines, 419.82 miles of paved county roads, 408.18 miles of gravel and earth county roads
EMMET COUNTY PROVIDES:
- Forest cover, scenic, rolling topography and Lake Michigan shoreline that combine to provide an excellent physical environment in which to live. Nearly 30% of the County's land area is in public ownership (state, federal, county and local government lands).
- Year round recreational resources and facilities for swimming, boating, golfing, fishing, hunting, skating, snowmobiling and skiing. Also, a 287 acre County Park (Camp Pet-o-se-ga), which offers 32 camp sites with electric and water hook-up, a fully modern bath house, and cabin rentals, and the 550 acre Headlands , adjacent to the Village of Mackinaw City, which offers two recreation housing facilities and can accommodate up to twenty-five people.
- Four shopping centers, and the Petoskey Gaslight Shopping District.
- Excellent medial facilities - Northern Michigan Hospital in Petoskey, a regional facility with a large number of on staff medical specialists, unequaled in Northern Michigan. Several assisted living facilities, nursing homes and Bay Bluffs, an Emmet County Medical Care Facility.
- Excellent public and private schools, a 2-year college, local newspapers, radio and television stations, and churches of many denominations.
- Many cultural and civic organizations and activities at historic Bay View and the Crooked Tree Arts Center.
- Industrial parks and industrial sites, including airport locations.
- Five marinas - Bay Harbor, Harbor Springs, Petoskey, Ponshewaing, and Alanson.
- Besides a comprehensive community college curriculum, a business assistance center and a University Center is located at North Central Michigan College, with excellent facilities for conferences in a 71,000 sq. ft. student and community resources building.
- The County has 21 units of government, which includes 2 cities, 3 incorporated villages and 16 townships.
- Emmet County is also home to the Little Traverse Bay Band of Odawa Indians, a native American Community that manages a gaming casino, and provides a variety of services for tribal members, including housing, health care and other social services.